【题目】Whether the declining of bison was caused by the European American settlers.
【阅读】About bison, a kind of animal, something like cattle or horse. The passage suggests that the declining bison was due to the European American settlers:
1. When European American cross prairies, they hunted bison as food because there is no food in prairies.
2. They brought cattle and horses, which competed with bison for resources.
3. The evolving technology, especially guns, let hunters kill several bison in a short time.
【听力】The professor contradicts each of these three points:
1. The European American moved from east to west, but the bison decline in the western part of America. The pattern of how bison disappeared gradually was different from that of movement of European American.
2. Bison have double furs covering their bodies and unique head structure, which allow them to live in harsher and colder areas. The areas were unreachable for cattle and horses. How could different spices compete with each other in separate territories?
3. The advanced technology should not be blame worthy for the decreasing bison. The ancient methods are as effectively as guts. Skilled ancient American hunters could kill several bison with short intervals.
话题分类：Historical Event 属性：小范围核心预测
【题目】Topic： Mysterious prints reported in an English newspaper.
Thesis：The reading points out three hypotheses to explain the mysterious prints.
Sub-point1：This was kangaroo footprint.
Sub-point2：It was made by hot air balloon, which can be demonstrated by the broken rope and blots.
Sub-point3：The whole story was invented although reported trustworthy.
Thesis：Refute the three explanations mentioned in reading passage.
Sub-point1：Kangaroo’s sharp and powerful claws would make deep marks during long trails. And if the footprints were left by the fleeing kangaroo, there must have been reports about this incident, but there wasn’t.
Sub-point2：There was a forest area in the way, and the hot air balloon would be entangled by tree branches and could not travel that long distance.
Sub-point3：The report was based on reliable materials. For one thing, there’s letter from Devin who found the footprints; For another thing, newspaper office collected a lot of details about the print. Thus the report wouldn’t be invented.
话题分类：Historical Event 属性：小范围核心预测
【题目】 Hypothesis about why Vikings left Greenland in the 15th century（关于维京人离开格陵兰岛原因的几个假说）
阅读1：Because of climate change the temperature got lower so the Vikings didn’t have enough food. （气候变化导致农作物减产，食物不足）
阅读2：The Vikings were driven out by the local enemies.（维京人被当地人驱赶出格陵兰岛）
阅读3：The trade between the Vikings and the European countries was cut off by Norway. （挪威王室不允许维京人和欧洲其他国家通商）
听力1： Vikings relied on fish for food and climate change didn’t change the ocean and the fish.（维京人以鱼类为主食，并没有面临饥荒）
听力2： When the Vikings left, they took away all their valuables and tidied up, if they were driven out they would have been in a rush.（维京人离开时整齐有序，并没有落荒而逃的迹象）
听力3： The formal trade was cut off but the illegal and unofficial trade was still on-going. Even the Norwegian King complained about the illegal trade was hard to control （虽然正式的贸易被禁止了，但是非法的和私下的通商依旧繁荣）
【阅读】Build solar roads by paving glass, glass can absorb the sun’s energy and translate into electricity. Oppose
1. It is not a logical place. The roads are flat, not tilted.
2. Glass are not safe, especially in wet or icy condition
3. Will be very expensive.
1. It will be more efficient. The solar panel will produce more energy. It will reflect the sun in cloudy days not just in one direction but in many different directions.
2. A new kind of glass will solve the problem. The engineers have already researched for it, it will also useful in wet days.
3. The solar roads will produce more power which can be sold to other counties; its revenue can be the cost.
3. 不抓走young belugas