- 2018年03月02日11:00 来源：小站整理
- 参与（0） 阅读（775）
1、Some people think that students should be encouraged to study those fields such as science, technology, engineering and mathematics rather than they have interest in. Do you agree or disagree?有人认为学生们应该学习科技，工程学，数学，而不是他们感兴趣的课程，你是否认同这个观点?(2016年11月5日)
2、It is more important to choose to study a subject that interests you than a subject preparing you better for a job or career. Do you agree or disagree?学习感兴趣的课程比学习有助于就业的课程更加重要，你是否同意这个观点?( 2006年11月19日)
3、Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. 有人认为学生们应该学习他们感兴趣的科目，有人认为学生们应该学习对于未来有用的课程，讨论两种观点，谈及你的立场。
首段：背景介绍 + 争议焦点 + 写作立场
Education is one of the key words of our time, however, people's views differ greatly as to which should be the superior option of academic pursuit, to opt for courses conducing to future career or to focus on subjects that interest them. As I see it, compared with choosing subjects that can help young adults ready themselves for career challenges, to deliberately specialize in one's favorite courses is more commendable.
Opting for the courses in which one takes considerable interest will enjoy more visible merits. First, one's study motivation can be highly stimulated provided that one can choose subjects exerting a peculiar fascination on him or her. Conversely, people might generate career burnout even if they might get profit-making jobs.
Also, taking one's favorite subjects can fully tap his or her infinite potentials. Meanwhile, one can fully enjoy the process of learning and career life. Apart from that, it is also a sort of success if one can perfectly combine specialized knowledge with career ambition. Therefore, college students have sound reasons to select the courses that interest them.
Indeed, I have to concede that the acquisition of pragmatic courses might still have some benefits. Sure enough, job-related courses will help one outshine many candidates and successfully secure a decent job. That is why some people feel that education is a kind of investment and competitive courses such as engineering, science and technology can, in most cases, earn high interests. Thereby, what some people are concerned about is whether the course of their choice can lead to a profitable career. After all, career-related subjects can lay a solid foundation for climbing the career ladder.
尾段：亮明观点 + (总结理由)
In closing, I re-affirm my conviction that even though choosing utilitarian subjects is never without merit, university students should still be encouraged to choose their favorite areas of study.
1. course = subject n.课程
2. career-oriented course = career-oriented subjects 以就业为导向的课程
3. take considerable interest in … = take keen interest in … 对于……很感兴趣
4. secure a decent job = get a decent career 找到一份体面的工作
1. conduce to … 有助于……
2. sure enough 的确
3. enjoy more visible merits 有更多的明显的利好
4. to do sth. is more commendable 去做某事更加值得推荐
5. to do sth. deserves more recommendations 去做某事更加值得推荐
1. ready themselves for career challenges 使他们为未来的事业挑战做好准备
2. exert a peculiar fascination on sb. 对于某人极其有吸引力
3. might generate career burnout 也许会产生职业倦怠
4. fully tap one's infinite potentials 充分地开发一个人的无限潜能
5. combine specialized knowledge with career ambition 把专业知识和职业梦想结合起来
6. choose utilitarian subjects 选择实用性的课程
7. choose their favorite areas of study 选择他们喜欢的学习领域
8. outshine many candidates 胜过很多的候选人
9. lead to a profitable career 带来一个有利可图的事业
10. can lay a solid foundation for climbing the career ladder 可以为攀登事业的阶梯打下坚实的基础