【题目】Whether the declining of bison was caused by the European American settlers.
【阅读】About bison, a kind of animal, something like cattle or horse. The passage suggests that the declining bison was due to the European American settlers:
1. When European American cross prairies, they hunted bison as food because there is no food in prairies.
2. They brought cattle and horses, which competed with bison for resources.
3. The evolving technology, especially guns, let hunters kill several bison in a short time.
【听力】The professor contradicts each of these three points:
1. The European American moved from east to west, but the bison decline in the western part of America. The pattern of how bison disappeared gradually was different from that of movement of European American.
2. Bison have double furs covering their bodies and unique head structure, which allow them to live in harsher and colder areas. The areas were unreachable for cattle and horses. How could different spices compete with each other in separate territories?
3. The advanced technology should not be blame worthy for the decreasing bison. The ancient methods are as effectively as guts. Skilled ancient American hunters could kill several bison with short intervals.
【阅读】Demonstrate three theories to explain why the number of yellow-legged mountain frogs declined 40 years ago.
1. A kind of fish, the trout, was introduced to this area and the trout ate tadpoles of the frogs.
2. The use of pesticides contaminated the habitat.
3. The frogs there were infected by a fungal disease.
【听力】Refute the three explanations mentioned in reading passage.
1. The trout was introduced 100 years ago, however the decline happened 40 years ago. The time does not match.
2. Rainfall tends to wash the pesticides to lower and farther places. However, frogs lived in areas with higher altitude than that of farms using pesticides.
3. Yellow-legged mountain frogs can produce some antibodies within their bodies, so that they can resist to the infection of fungal disease.
话题分类：Historical Event 属性：小范围核心预测
【阅读】There are three reasons to explain why Mary Rose sank.
1. The gunspot was not closed after getting fire, but they forgot to close it. Water poured in to gunspot.
2. Sailors dislike the captain and do not follow his lead.
3. French made significant damage to the ship.
【听力】Refute the three reasons mentioned in reading passage.
1. According to a research, there were still some connonballs in the gunspot, which proved that it cannot be opened.
2. Mary rose is flag ship. Sailors are all capable, so they will not fail to follow the captain’s lead under such dangerous situation.
3. Frenchmen told a lie in order to show that they were powerful than English.
话题分类：Historical Event 属性：小范围核心预测
【阅读】There are 3 possible hypotheses.
1. John Massey might be possible, because he lived in northwestern England, where the poems came out, and the handwritings of John Massey and Pearl Poet are the same.
2. It might be Hugh, because he wrote poems about Garwin and those 4 famous handwritten poems are also related to Garwin. What’s more, the poems all adopt the rhetorical method of alliteration.
3. The 4 poems might not be written by one person because the poems referred different areas in England.
【听力】None of the 3 hypotheses is reasonable.
1. There was same copier in 14th century. That is why the handwritings are the same.
2. It cannot be Hugh because the dialect used in the poems of Pearl Poet and Hugh is totally different.
3. The poems cannot be made by several persons, because the wording of the 4 poems is very similar, which is impossible for different authors.
【阅读】Three solutions can be used to lower the effect of wind turbines upon bats.
1. The wind turbines should be built in the areas far away from the migratory routes of the bats.
2. The wind turbines should be turned off in the night for bats are nocturnal.
3. Radars should be used to repel the bats, for the bats hate radar waves.
【听力】Those three solutions are not feasible.
1. The migratory routes of bats are exactly the places where wind turbines should be built, for if they are built in the remote areas, such as flat plain, the wind speed will decline.
2. Though the bats are not active in the daytime, they will choose sleep on tall structures, and the tops of the turbines are such places.
3. If bats meet the electromagnetic waves emitted by radars, those waves will prominently influence the reproductive systems of the bats.