Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To make children do well in school, parents should limit the hours that children spend on watching TV or movies.
1. Children can easily be misled by the inappropriate contents on TV because of their psychological immaturity.
2. Spending too much time on watching TV will absolutely account for children’s studying time.
3. Students who spend less time on watching TV will have more chances to stay with peers.
1. Spending less time watching TV doesn’t mean that children would do well at school.
2. Limiting the hours that children spend on watching TV isn’t an effective way to improve their studying effects.
3. Some television programs can also be good educational tools.
Model Answer: Should limit
In contemporary society, watching TV has become a popular leisure activity among school children. However, when asked about whether parents should limit the hours that children spend on it, people meet with a dilemma. According to my personal experiences, I hold the standpoint that watching too much TV or movies could have adverse influence on children.
On top of the first, children can be easily misled by the inappropriate contents on TV because of their psychological immaturity. Firstly, children can have convenient access to the violent scenes in some “Super Hero” American movies. They have mo 登录查看全部内容
Which is more important in one’s career life? The working knowledge and skills or the ability to adapt to new conditions.
The ability to adapt to new conditions
1. Quick adaptation to new environment is conducive to improving working efficiency.
2. Good adaptability contributes to one’s job satisfaction.
3. The vital importance of the ability to adapt to new environment is self-evidently.
The working knowledge and skills
1. Working knowledge and skills contribute to the working efficiency.
2. Working knowledge and skill result in promotion at work.
3. They are concerned with one’s job satisfaction.
Model Answer: The ability to adapt
The desire for a rapid promotion in one’s official career is universal. Along with this desire comes a heated debate: which one is more important for one’s occupational success? The working knowledge and skills or the ability to adapt to new conditions? Opinions are divided and personally speaking, the ability to adapt to new conditions is of greater importance than the working knowledge and skills. My reason and examples are given below.
Firstly, quick adaptation to new environment is conducive to improving working efficiency. It is no exaggeration to say that very few people can stick to one job for all their lifes. That is to say, job-hopping is a thing that people have to do. With that, there is nothing bu 登录查看全部内容
Do you agree with the following statement? An effective leader tries to make others feel they are part of the decision-making process.
1. First of all, an effective leader should be the one that lead his/her members to reach high level of satisfaction.
2. An effective leader should be the one that make wise decisions and enable the team to fabricate delicate prooducts.
3. Admittedly, when facing some emergent events, leaders have to have quick reaction and make decision without listening to others’ opinions.
1. An effective leader should have more control over the progress.
2. An effective leader should create a harmonious working environment.
3. Admittedly, making others feel like they are a part of making decisions do contribute to the team building to some extent.
What contribute to the success of those TOP 500 companies on the Forbes Board? Referring to this question, one factor is usually included in CEO’s answers-that is, a good leader. Then, what is a good leader? Is an effective leader the one that will make others feel like they are a part of making decision? My answer is: yes.
First of all, an effective leader should be the one that lead his/her members to reach high level of satisfaction. A sense of achievement is needed to gain satisfaction according to Maslow’s theory. And, being a part of mak 登录查看全部内容
Which one of the following factors contributes most to an enjoyable vacation. Good food, Good location or good friends to travel with?
1. Food is the paramount necessity of human beings.
2. Bad food may bring illness and ruin the whole vacation.
3. Food can bring energy to a person.
1. Tourists’ attractions become famous because of its beautiful scenery or recreational facilities.
2. You can indulge yourself into the attracting scenery and relax yourself.
3. From learning the culture and history of a place, one can gain more knowledge.
Good friends with you
1. Travelling with our good friends will be an effective way to maintain our relationships with them.
2. All the beautiful scenery and delicious food in the world cannot overcome the displeasure of constant conflict between travelling companions.
3. Being with reliable companions can reduce the difficulties we meet during the vacation.
Model Answer: Disagree
As a culture buff, I am keen on discovering cultural heritages of another city or country. Good travelling companions who share the common interests with me certainly contribute to the joyfulness of the trip.
First of all, travelling with our good friends will be an effective way to maintain our relationships with them. For me, my friends and I all work hard in separate jobs and do not have much free time to get together. When we all go away together, it feels as if we have all the free time in the world, whether we want to go sightseeing, surfing or just sit and gossip all day. Staying with my friends can totally help me rela 登录查看全部内容
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? We can learn about a person from the books and movies that person like.
1. Some people regard books and movies entertainment and are more likely to choose what they like.
2. Some people enjoy simulate life described in the books and movies they like, in order to find a lifestyle different from the live they are experiencing.
3. To enjoy watching a movie or a book at least means the person admire the claims and performances there.
1. Some people regard books and movies entertainment, nothing related to personality.
2. Some people tend to find a lifestyle different from the live they are experiencing via books and movies.
3. To enjoy watching a movie or a book does not necessary mean the person agrees with the claims and performances there.
Model Answer: Disagree
Social network online has possibly provided people an access to know more about each other, daily life, school and work, as well as personality. However, as people are good at pretending, some people claim it is better to understand a person from the books and movies that person like, regarding to which, I disagree.
First of all, some people regard books and movies entertainment, nothing related to personality. For example, when we were young, we like fantasy, but when we grow up, we turn to fiction and literature. Meanwhile, according to a famous Chinese idiom, one’s personality seldom change since young. Therefor 登录查看全部内容